Coronavirus (COVID-19) Policy
To our valued families:
We have recently implemented some COVID-19 protocols in our center. Your health and safety, as well as the health and safety of our staff and community, is our first and most important priority.
We have taken many prevention and preparedness steps to ensure we keep everyone safe. We hope that by providing this information, you can make a clear decision to continue your plan of care with us during this time.
The following protocols are now in place:
- Patient screening: All patients will be screened upon arrival of their appointment time to make sure they’re not exhibiting symptoms. If a patient is presenting with COVID-19 symptoms, they will not be treated and advised to contact their physician and self-quarantine.
- Employee screening: All employees will be screened for COVID-19 daily. Those presenting any level of symptoms will return home to undergo the required 14-day self-quarantine.
- Health hygiene protocols: Ongoing reinforcement to all staff regarding hand washing and other preventative measures for equipment and supplies are also in place.
- Our clinicians will be making individual decisions regarding at-risk patients.
- Implementing restrictions regarding the number of people in the clinic at the same time, as well as not permitting visitors to prevent overcrowding.
- Staggering clinician schedules to allow for thorough disinfectant treatment between appointments.
- Increased cleaning of all areas in the clinic to maintain a safe environment during this time.
- Only one parent/guardian is permitted to enter and remain in the center with patient during treatment; no siblings will be allowed to wait in the center.
As a reminder, our 24-hour cancellation policy does not apply to illness. If at any point your child or an immediate family member feels unwell, or is showing any of the symptoms of COVID-19, please notify our office via phone or contact your treating therapist directly to cancel your session.
As a trusted and leading health care provider, it is our goal to ensure you can continue receiving care with the confidence that we have taken every precaution necessary regarding your safety while in our center. If for any reason you are not feeling well, please contact the center and we will be happy to re-schedule your appointment.
We will continue to work closely with the Center for Disease Control (CDC) as well as local, state and federal health officials as the situation evolves.
Thank you, as always, for your support and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can provide further information regarding our preparedness and protocols.
In good health,
The Harmony Pediatric Therapy Team