Our handwriting groups provide children with an opportunity to develop a strong foundation for both fine motor development and handwriting skills in a fun peer interactive environment. These groups are conducted in weekly one hour sessions and are typically 12 to 14 weeks in length. The groups target skills areas including:
- Body awareness and posture in preparation for writing
- Upper extremity strengthening
- Finger dexterity and strength
- Development of a functional writing grasp
- Learning upper and lower case letter identification and formation
- Writing quality, including legibility, sizing and spacing consistency, use of line and overall neatness
Print and cursive writing groups are available.